One of the most iconic airplanes from World War II, B-17 Bomber “Sentimental Journey,” will make a stop in Bullhead City, AZ Tuesday, September 4 through Sunday, September 9, 2018 at the Laughlin/Bullhead International Airport/Signature Flight Support (2550 Laughlin View Drive, Bullhead City, AZ 86429) as part of its Summer Flying Legends of Victory Tour across U.S. and Canada.
The tour, made possible by the volunteers of the non-profit 501(c)3 Arizona Commemorative Air Force Museum, features three restored WWII combat aircraft: C-47/DC-3 Combat Legend “Old Number 30;” B-17 Bomber “Sentimental Journey;” and B-25 Bomber “Maid in the Shade.” These warbirds and their crews will follow separate tour routes across the U.S. and Canada and visit approximately 50 cities from May through October 2018 to fulfill their mission of educating all generations about the role of aviation in combat.
The public will have the opportunity to climb aboard the B-17 Bomber to soak in the breathtaking stories of courage and service by Americans during one of the most important periods in U.S. history. The B-17 is an exceptionally rare aircraft, as it’s one of eight in the world that is still flying. Nicknamed the “Flying Fortress,” the B-17 was a strategic weapon in WWII because of its ability to suffer extensive battle damage and still return home. The public can book a ride in advance using the link below under pricing.
Information about the Bullhead City, AZ Flying Legends of Victory tour B-17 stop is as follows:
Dates and times:
· Tours: Tuesday 2 pm – 6 pm, Wednesday & Thursday: 9 am – 6 pm; Friday – Sunday: 2 pm – 6 pm
· Rides: Friday – Sunday: 10 am – 1 pm.
· Tours cost $10 per person and $20 for a family of four
· Seats are $425 per waist compartment seat and $850 for bombardier/navigator seats in the nose and are limited to 8 passengers per flight.
· Ride reservations required. To reserve your seat, visit http://bit.ly/FLOVTBullheadCityAZ.